- Name Beacons Way
- Distancia de sendero 161 km, 100 millas
- Duración en días 10 días
- Clasificación Traildino MW, Caminata moderada, sendero de mochileros
- Clasificación Travesía de refugios T1, Caminata
100 miles, 161 km, 8 days
The Beacons Way winds through the Brecon Beacons National Park. This mountain range in the south of Wales consists of high moorlands, grassy slopes and patches of ancient forest. It involves a lot of climbing and descending through rather rough terrain, so you need to be in good shape. As the guidebook says: "the ability to navigate in thick mist with a map and compass is essential." You will climb for instance Pen y Fan, 886 m high. This ensures stunning views of the lovely green landscape of hedgerows below.
- Minacker Mayo 2019
- Calificación 9
- Positivo Fantastic views, challenging if walked over 7 days, friendly folk
- Negativo Very busy around Pen y Fan
- John P Agosto 2014
- Calificación 8
- Positivo The trail passes through some of the highlights of the Brecon Beacons such as Pen-y-Fan, Llanthony Priory and the Dan yr Ogof caves. Well worth the walk.
- Negativo Navigation a bit difficult in places especially in the mist