- Name Táin Way
- Distancia de sendero 40 km, 25 millas
- Duración en días 2 días
- Inicio de sendero Carlingford
- Fin de sendero Carlingford
- Clasificación Traildino MW, Caminata moderada, sendero de mochileros
- Clasificación Travesía de refugios T1, Caminata
Táin Way, Carlingford - Carlingford, 40 km, 2 days
This path is situated at Irelands West coast, in county Lough, from where it is only a small distance to Ulster. The path describes a circle on the Cooley Peninsula. It climbs the steep and open mountains and you will have great views on clear days. The lower slopes consist of grazing land, and with the small forests and the many hedges, it is a friendly contrast to the mountain ridges. The medieval character of Carlingford, the start and end of the path, is preserved.
Accommodation is no problem; the peninsula is quite populated.