- Name Rupertiweg - 10 (WWW10)
- Distancia de sendero 563 km, 350 millas
- Duración en días 35 días
- Inicio de sendero Bärenstein
- Fin de sendero Naßfeld
- Clasificación Traildino SW, Caminata extenuante, sendero de montaña
- Clasificación Travesía de refugios T2, Caminata de montaña
Rupertiweg, Weitwanderweg 10, Bärenstein (1077 m) – Naßfeld, 563 km
The Rupertiweg is named after St. Rupert. This Austrian long distance trail roughly runs north-south and crosses the Alps on one of its highest points. The trail starts at the Czech border, the mountain Bärenstein. Along low-lying farmland, the path follows the rivers Inn and Salzach to Salzburg. There is also a variant that is more inland. From Salzburg onwards the Alpine part of the hike begins, starting with the Berchtesgadener Alps. Now we walk in Germany for a few days. There are more alpine highlights on the menu: Hohe Tauern, Goldberg Group, Kreuzeck Group and Gailtaler Alps. The path finally hits the Südalpenweg in the Karnischer Alps, where we are almost in Italy.
A varied path, this one. In the Alps it will be a rather difficult and challenging walk in some places. But then there are alternatives.
- Grossvenediger - Hohe Tauern NP - Krimml - Mittersill F&B WK5121
- Grossvenediger - Hohe Tauern NP - Krimml - Mittersill area of the Austrian Alps presented at 1:35,000 in a series of contoured and GPS compatible outdoor leisure map from Freytag & Berndt with hiking and cycling routes, mountain huts, campsites and youth hostels, local bus stops, plus other tourist information. Cartography is an enlargement of... Leer más
- daveood 2016-07-09 18:08:19
- hello, me and my batter half are planning long distance trail from czech. we are going to use Rupertiweg till Mallnitz (if i understand everything well, we will not need some extra skills, equipment and experience until this place.) We dont want climb, use public transports, not inerested in hotels, mountain huts (food reffils would be great in villages, towns, because of lack of money). Im not sure how to continue from Mallnitz. Plan says than we are going to italy and cross it „right under” Alpen. What are your suggestions? thank you